As you think about setting goals for next year, take some time to write down and CELEBRATE everything you have accomplished this year. (This exercise could take about 30 minutes – it’s worth it!). Keep your focus on your successes. Be careful of negative self-critical thoughts coming in when you remember the goals you did not achieve. Put those on your list for next year.
Here are 11 questions to help you write your success list. It’s important that you acknowledge and CELEBRATE all your wins, even those that didn’t start as a written goal or intention. It’s also important that you CELEBRATE failures – there’s a gift for us in every failure.
* Successes or progress in your work?
* Did you develop any new skills or abilities?
* Did you ask for help and receive it?
* Did you learn any new technology?
* Did you spend more time in nature, take any trips or vacations?
* Did you develop any new positive habits?(like meditation, exercise, gratitude, celebration?)
* What are your successes in the area of finances?
* Did you create new relationships or deepen existing relationships(professional and personal)
* Did you have any successes in your health and fitness?
* Did you attend any positive events(lectures,workshops,concerts, sports) or read any positive books?
* Did you show kindness to anyone?help a friend or neighbor in need?
And there’s more ….just be sure and cover every area of your life: health and fitness,relationships, finances, and every positive thing you can think of that nourishes your body, mind, heart and soul.
CELEBRATING keeps our focus on the positive and attracts more for us to celebrate. Focusing on lack attracts more lack. You might be surprised how much you have to celebrate about yourself. Take this energy of CELEBRATION with you into the New Year and keep it with you throughout the whole year. Make CELEBRATING a habit that becomes infused into every day. This simple tweak can transform your life.
4 Minute Meditation: Celebrate Yourself
Celebrations are a constant reminder to your mind to think positive thoughts. They change your attitude to life. Eventually, every moment of your life becomes a celebration, a win-win, a success.
Add One Thing to Your Life: Celebration!
Choose one thing to celebrate about yourself: your health, your positive attitude in doing this practice, your willingness to try new things. It doesn’t matter what you are celebrating, only that you are
celebrating yourself. You can celebrate the same thing every day, or find different things.
However big or small the occasion, look for excuses to be in a state of celebration. You can celebrate failures too. They open doorways for something new to come in. Your positive attitude will make sure you attract more positivity and goodness.
PHOTO (cc): Flickr / SonOfJordan